Pearson Publishing Company has extended an offer to students in my classes to give them access to extra resources. My hope is that students whom are interested will let me know whether these resources were a helpful adjunt to the course material and if so, which resources were particularly helpful. In order to access the Pearson site, go to http://pearsonmylab.com/. The course number for my the classes is as follows:
Psy 101: vollaro90785
Psy 201: vollaro24604
Psy 215: vollaro52908
I am always looking to add to the structure of my courses. If you feel these resources should be more integrated to the course, please let me know via email or speak to me. If you have any questions please let me know.
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
The semester paper is due for Psy 201 on March 28 and 201H on March 29. Keep in mind the following points:
- The paper is worth 25% of your grade
- The paper must focus on the biological aspects of the topic. It is helpful to think of your topic in terms of anatomy, chemistry, or genetics. If you are covering a disorder, make sure you focus on what is going on in the brain, not a general description of the disorder
- The assignment requires you use two sources outside of the class material, one of which must be a peer-reviewed article. An excellent source of information for a paper such as this is a Review Article which counts as a peer-reviewed source
- You must submit a copy of the peer-reviewed source with the paper
- All papers must be completed in APA format. At a minimum, make sue you have a cover page, abstract, in text citations, and a reference page.
- A copy of your first page should have been submitted and reviewed to insure you are on the right track. Submit this page with your paper as well.
- Review the syllabus before you submit the paper to insure you have met all requirements of the assignment
- The library and writing center are excellent resources if you need assistance
- Good luck and let me know if you have any questions