Tuesday, October 30, 2018
Thursday, October 25, 2018
Withdrawals: The deadline for withdrawals is 10/31/2018. If you need to withdraw from class, please do so by that date. The general policy is no withdrawals will be granted after the deadline.
Grades: 25% of the final grade is the Midterm, 25% the final, 25% the paper, and 25% is the Quiz Average. Remember, if you missed a quiz it will be counted as a zero unless you make it up. You can only makeup one quiz per semester and there are deadlines for these makeups. Please refer to the syllabus for these specific deadlines.
Attendance: The course attendance policy is that you have up to 3 absences where grades are not affected. After 3 absences, 2 points will be subtracted from your final average for each additional absence.
Midterm Exams Scheduled so Far:
Psy 101H, Monday/Wendesday, 8:00am- 10/31/2018
Psy 101, Tuesday/Thursday, 12:00pm- 11/1/2018
Psy 215H, Monday/Wednesday, 9:30 am- 11/7/2018
Announcements are forthcoming for midterms for other classes.
Please see me if you have any questions!!!!
Tuesday, October 23, 2018
Thursday, October 18, 2018
Wednesday, October 17, 2018
- Please review your syllabus and make sure you are familiar with upcoming due dates, assignments, etc. It has been some time since we initially reviewed it so familiarizing yourself with it once again will ensure you do not miss anything
- Anyone whom has missed either Quiz #1 or Quiz #2 should make sure they make it up-remember, a missed quiz gets averaged in to your Quiz grade as a 0.
- Remember you can makeup only one quiz so if you missed any make sure you are in class for the rest of them
- The deadline for withdrawals is 10/31/2018. If you are planning to withdraw from the class definitely do so by that date as no withdrawals are granted after it.
- Every Psychology class requires a paper. Please make sure you are familiar with the specifics of the assignment and if you haven't already, need to start it.
- Midterms are approaching. I'll announce specific dates for the mid-terms in class and also please check the blog for specifics but right now, we are on track for most classes to have mid-terms last week of October-first week of November.
Thursday, October 11, 2018
One could imagine that Halloween provides fertile ground to give us insight into someone...the following article talks about how our choice of Halloween costumes might provide some inisight.....
Monday, October 8, 2018
Wednesday, October 3, 2018
- Be aware of upcoming due dates: For those eligible for extra credit, due dates are upcoming for Early Submission of paper (please see syllabus for details) as well as Mid-Term Extra Credit
- You should be reviewing and working on papers-please review the syllabus and videos about the paper and ask if you have any questions about paper requirements
- ALL CLASSES ARE CANCELLED TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9TH
- The deadline for withdrawals is 10/31/2018- No withdrawals will be granted past this date so if you need to withdraw please make sure you do so
Tuesday, October 2, 2018
Monday, October 1, 2018
For those classes that already have extra credit opportunities, you can substitute this one for one of the 2 already offered. For honors classes, you can earn up to 5 points extra credit on the Midterm for completing this assignment.
The extra credit assignment is to either attend one of the lectures or obtain information on a topic from the represented agencies and complete a 2-3 page paper on the topic, including specifying what you learned on Mental health Awareness Day. You must obtain 2 other sources and the paper must be completed in APA style.